Job No. 32820233 – Manager Accounting, Revenue Share & Royalty
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this Manager will provide financial leadership by managing the Company’s royalty accounting and reporting activities to ensure accurate and timely compliance with all internal & external reporting requirements for all professional team & league partners, players associations, and other licensors.
This position will have 2-5 direct reports at varying levels (Lead, Senior Accountant, Staff Accountant) and will require a visionary leader who displays a passion for building and strengthening the team as well as fostering collaboration, learning and growth.
To be successful in this job, this Manager must be a forward-looking, proactive leader with business experience in increasingly complex businesses, across geographies and business channels. The candidate must be a knowledgeable, collaborative accounting professional with the background and interpersonal skills sufficient to function successfully in a growth-enabling and challenging position. He or she must have the ability to embrace ownership of various processes and reports, implementing structure and enhancing maturity, executing sound judgement to make decisions and take swift action. Attention to detail, superior organizational and project management skills, and exceptional communication are important.
• Manage royalty revenue accounting (accurate calculation and classification on Income Statement, reconciliation of related Assets and Liabilities on the Balance Sheet, etc.) and ensure that the company meets its contractual revenue share obligations with its clients
• Supervise Royalty Staff Accountant and oversee the process of reviewing and analyzing licensees’ royalty reporting for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with license agreement requirements as well as appropriate application of the related cash receipts & the accounting for the business’ expenses
• Thoroughly understand license agreements and monitor to ensure contractual obligations are met throughout all business interactions across assigned licensees
• Oversee the process of tracking licensee guarantee and overage payments, managing past due invoices, and communicating with licensees owing royalties
• Manage day-to-day professional working relationships with a wide range of licensees across multiple product categories, & communicate client/corporate initiatives and strategies as needed
• Create and evaluate quarterly and annual royalty revenue reports for clients and provide trend analysis
• Interface with clients and colleagues on revenue forecasts and monthly/quarterly closing
• Help train and manage licensees through the reporting process in a fast-paced, high volume environment and share administrative best practices with licensees
• Analyze proposed licensing deals to help support recommendations to clients
• Manage licensee audit program
• Monitor and make recommendations to improve business processes and efficiencies across the organization
• Other Corporate Accounting support as needed
Customer Service / Collaboration:
• Responsible for ensuring a positive customer experience through all interactions with licensees and clients, delivering a personalized approach to working with a diverse licensee base
• Able to research and respond promptly to all licensee and colleague inquiries and requests with accuracy and professionalism
• Positively impact the speed and ease for licensees to conduct business with the company
• Ability to effectively communicate with clients, licensees, and colleagues, including complex royalty accounting issues, errors, or opportunities for improvement
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
• 4-7 years of accounting experience, preferably with royalty accounting exposure (music, consumer products, publishing, etc.), with at least 3 years spent directly managing others
• Exceptional attention to detail and proficiency in interpreting contracts
• A motivated self-starter with ability to excel at multi-tasking and staying organized
• A leader capable of using professional judgment to manage the team’s priorities and workload and effectively communicate up to corporate accounting group, business management team, etc.
• Exceptional attention to detail and strong analytical skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookups, & other formulae)
• Proficiency with analytical tools such as Tableau, Power BI, MicroStrategy, etc. preferred
• Is ethical and has strong business acumen and savvy, good common sense and sound judgment
• Is self-confident, can instill confidence in, and effectively deal with, business counterparts inside and outside the company
- This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check
Background check will be conducted.
- Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
- Affinity requests applicants to attach to the online application, a (1) resume and (2) employer references for the jobs listed – include the name, title, working relationship of the person to be contacted and phone number for each
- For consideration, please email resume to email@example.com