Job No. 32820241 – General Labor (4) (Printing / Packing / Sorting)
Job Functions and Activity:
- 1) Tends various machines and equipment and performs any combination of following tasks involved in binding books, periodicals, and pamphlets, and assembling related printed materials in accordance with work order specifications: Punches holes in paper sheets, manually or by machine.
- 2) Creases and compresses signatures prior to affixing covers, using press or by hand.
- 3) Fastens sheets, signatures, or other printed materials together, using hand or machine stapler, or adjusts or tends machine that inserts wire or plastic binding strips into punched holes to fasten pages and covers together.
- 4) Feeds covers, signatures, and sheets into various machines for collating, stitching, trimming, folding, ruling, stapling, roughing, indexing, gluing, and perforating operations.
- 5) Removes, stacks, and packs printed material in various stages of completion on pallets as it accumulates on delivery table of machines.
- 6) Examines stitched, collated, bound, and unbound publications to ascertain that pages are bound in numerical or folio order according to sample copy, and for such defects as imperfect bindings, ink spots, torn, loose, and uneven pages, and loose and uncut threads.
- 7) Inserts illustrated pages, extra sheets, and collated sets into catalogs, periodicals, directories, pocket portfolios, or loose leaf binders, and inserts sheets and applies labels to envelopes or periodicals by hand or machine.
- 10) Applies adhesive tape, mylar strips, and index tabs to sheets by machine.
- 11) Wraps product in plastic, using shrink-wrapping machine, packs products in boxes, and tapes lids of boxes shut.
- Prepares jobs for shipping, pickup and delivery.
- Cross trained in production, mailing and sign projects; inserter, finisher, cutter that will lead to other opportunities and raises.
- Must be able to lift, move or carry 50+ pounds or more
- This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check
Background check will be conducted.
- Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
- Affinity requests applicants to attach to the online application, a (1) resume and (2) employer references for the jobs listed – include the name, title, working relationship of the person to be contacted and phone number for each
- For consideration, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org